Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Meetings Focus Calls Durham "Best Kept Secret"

"The food scene in Durham has been one of North Carolina’s best-kept secrets, dating back to the opening of Bullock’s Bar-B-Cue in 1952. The family-owned and -operated business still dishes out its classic home-cooked meals to visitors and is the oldest continuous-running restaurant in the area."

"With a hot music scene, foodie finds, distilleries and breweries, North Carolina's Triangle is hopping," Eric Andersen, Meetings Focus

1 comment:

  1. Having spent my early years in Durham, Bullock's was one of the places I always wanted to visit when I could. The BBQ was great and the Hush puppies also. I always tried to bring 4 or 5 pounds home to Maryland when I could. A lot of us Tar Heels would order it if they offered. Wish they would as I'm 82 and don't get around like I used to.

    ReplyDelete