Friday, February 15, 2013

Durham Residents Write Love Letters to Durham

"Thank you for providing me with a town I am VERY proud to call home." -John Charles Lindsey

" I have watched Durham grow into a wonderfully cultural, diverse community." -Stephen Griffin

" I love Durham because all of those people come together, regularly, and create a diverse community with limitless potential."- Rhiannon Kincaid

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, I could live anywhere, But Durham, I choose you!" - Heather Jones

"I looked at those skyline icons, all lit up, and couldn't help but swell with pride that you, Durham, are my home... I couldn't imagine living in a static city, where I’m not hearing every single day about a new start up that’s moved into the American Underground, a restaurant that’s about to open on Ninth Street, or cool, modern condos being built in the shells of our old tobacco warehouses." -Amanda MacLaren

-Originally published in Durham Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment